Alex Wongis creating stories through music
I’m so grateful you’ve chosen to be a part of this community! At this level you will get access to everything I create before it becomes public, as well as exclusive access to the patron-only news feed.
- Patron-only blogs, music, videos, PLUS
- Access to new singles and albums before they are available publicly
- Monthly video news update from wherever I am in the world.
This level is the one-stop shop for all of my existing music. You will get everything listed above as well as access to my entire back catalog of material including instrumental tracks!
- All of the above, PLUS
- Access to back catalog, including instrumentals
I’ll peel back the curtain to show you some of the blood, sweat and tear stains from my creative process by sharing unfinished works, breaking apart songs from inside my studio, and explaining how and why I recorded every sound.
- All of the above, PLUS
- Periodic demos, sketches, iPhone recordings, lyric scraps
- Story behind the song/mix video blog - periodic video where I break down a song/mix from the studio
- Handwritten lyrics of any song I’ve written (one per Patron, one-time)
About Alex Wong
Hi. My name is Alex Wong, and I tell stories through music.
I started this page two years ago as a way to open a window into the process of making my second solo album, The Elephant and the Seahorse. It was amazing to get to interact with my patrons during the creative process because I love when art is a conversation and not just a monologue. What I didn’t expect was how much that conversation would change my whole approach to creating! Knowing that I was sharing my new, unpolished creations with a community of people who were actively listening, rather than just throwing them into the abyss of the internet and hoping for a like or two, motivated me to create more freely and boldly than I ever thought possible. It even inspired me to start creating WITH MY PATRONS, as we did in the video for The Quiet Voice (above).
Now that my solo album is complete, I hope to tell a more complete story of who I am through the art I share on this page. It all started with a challenge to "show myself," claim my space, and be seen, and I want the next phase of this page to expand on that mission. And by sharing the successes, fears, failures, and surprises along my journey, I hope to inspire others to tell more of their story to the world.
Here is what your patronage will help me accomplish over the next 12 months:
- creating the official album for The Paper Raincoat musical
- creating the official video for "Wherever You Are" with director Alex Berger
- creating the artwork for solo album
- marketing/promo for the solo album and duo album (Kivalina)
- creating the accompanying book to my solo album with visual artist Brian Dettmer
- creating an album of instrumental music based on commutes around the world
Become a Patron now and get immediate access to over 40 exclusive videos and songs not available to the public, as well as access to my blog posts, which include everything from tour photo diaries to my creative process to my experiences as a full-time musician in these very strange times.
This community has changed my creative life. I’m so grateful you are here.