Master Hand Gamingis creating Community Driven Content
You will also have access to a page here on Patreon where I upload a series of short videos about the topics above & some beyond. This content will generally be used as a lead in to more polished video content that will be posted to the MHG YouTube channel!
I will personally be working on / experimenting with ideas in these channels daily, and your feedback will go into directing their focus, optimizing their use & inspiring the video content that ultimately gets produced!
**The Discord channels will also double as the MHG Twitch Subscriber channels; subscribers will receive the same interactive perks**
**I will be working on the larger tiers once the smaller see some growth**
About Master Hand Gaming
I currently use MHG as a platform to contribute toward local gaming's growing prominence as a cultural and social norm in a world that generally does not yet understand it's merit beyond the crowd it can draw at any given moment.
In a non-general sense, what MHG to offers to this cause, is local gaming community content, currently centralizing around the Super Smash Bros. scene in NJ, including:
- Tournaments planning & organizing
- Professional grade tournament streaming & video uploads
- NJ Smash Bros. 4 (Wii U) community organization, outreach & calendar
- Local event promotion & marketing
- Environments conducive for socializing & growing through local multiplayer gaming
The Challenge: Why the Patreon?
My goal for this MHG Patreon is to funnel community driven contributions to one place where they can then be used to improve the level of community management, increase community member participation, allow our players to connect more effectively with surrounding regions, create more engaging content & ultimately amplify the influence MHG can provide to players & supporters looking to positively make an impact on local gaming's potential!
I operate mostly as a one man army on the back end, handling management, video/stream production, uploads, graphics, growth / expansion, investment money, generating cash-flow and overall direction of business. I work in tandem with MHG co-founder and top 50 Smash 4 (Wii U) player in the world, Shoyo James, who handles community logistics, event organizing and various other invaluable contributions that keep our players engaged and interested.
We are also fortunate to receive contributions from close community members looking to make their own impact on the scene's growth, development & image. Most of these efforts have largely been volunteer to date, so by nature nature, can be understandably inconsistent. This includes help with TO'ing events, casting, providing systems / monitors and some other essentials.
While it is a massive goal of mine to compensate community members and content creators for their contributions, MHG simply does not yet generate enough cash to expand beyond it's current flow of operations. Both James & I are stretch quite thin in growing & managing parts of the community that do not translate financially, however, are vital in long term growth potential to our players and supporters. While we do sustain growth with each event that we run, we are ultimately limited by our working capacity, time & energy.
The Potential: Shared Visions
Pooling together resources to successfully accomplish some immediate goals on a small community scale (ie: Smash Bros in NJ) can lead to some much larger implications as to how local gaming scenes can grow and thrive organically!
Immediate goals for MHG & Smash 4 in NJ:
- Growing the MHG team of TO's, stream assistants & casters to scale up our events
- Interaction with other local scenes:
- Fund players/casters to travel out of NJ and into other regions
- Assist players who are travelling to NJ from other regions to compete
- Pot bonuses for larger events, giveaways & prizes
- Funds available to pay content contributors / create more robust and inclusivecontent regularly
- New studio conducive to content creation with community members
- More time dedicated from me (ChrisZX!) in creating content of more personal value to our supporters. TBD on specifics (see Rewards / Goals)