Sue Pattersonis creating resources for unschoolers
About Sue Patterson
Thanks for checking out my Patreon page!
Volunteering, problem-solving, and creating resources is what I love to do!
With that in mind, I founded Unschooling Mom2Mom with a few online friends - and now it has garnered a social media following of over 35K!! We've created a kind and inspiring place that helps families figure out what to do when school isn't working for them on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest and YouTube. (and a little bit on Twitter, but I can't really wrap my brain around that one!)
So here's a little bit about how I spend my day:
- I'm a website creator. Our fabulous curated website has all the best unschooling writers, video-makers, podcasters linked. I know who's good and who's, umm, not. I'm adding to it all the time.
- I'm an Instagram enthusiast. I've been diving into IG, inspiring and encouraging families visually. I love creating new graphics to share and I'm about to launch our own Unschooling IGTV!
- I'm a Facebook fanatic. I answer questions from parents who join our huge Facebook groups. I spend a lot of time in there because I want there to be a place that new people can come to get solid answers to their unschooling questions from moms who are kind, compassionate, and most of all, remember what it was like to be new! Families who tried other homeschooling methods, or just can't seem to make unschooling work for them also come for advice and help.
- I'm a compulsive writer. I've blogged since 2007! I have a book: Homeschooled Teens: 75 Young People Speak about their Lives Without School. It's available in print and digitally. I also have a new ebook: Unschooling your Teens.
- I'm a digital creator. I have courses, videos, and PDFs to help unschooling families no matter where they are on their educational journey. My Monthly Unschooling Guide is incredibly helpful to families who want to strengthen their unschooling foundation.
- I'm a featured speaker. I speak at conferences all over the country but also on podcasts or in magazines.
- I'm an Unschooling Moms' Retreat host/creator! And I have another on the calendar for next spring!
- I'm homeschooling/unschooling coach for families who need group or 1:1 support as they venture out into this exciting unconventional world! I do a weekly coaching call for those in my group, Creating Confidence.
For instance, here are some of the things I will use your money for:
- Website Hosting for UnschoolingMom2Mom, as this grows, so does the price.
- ConvertKit, a monthly expense for maintaining an email list and getting information out
- Teachable is a platform to host the webinars and courses that I'm working on for new unschoolers, those considering unschooling, and those who feel "stuck."
- Continued time answering questions for free & hosting Unschooling Mom2Mom.
- A "virtual assistant" to help me with all the behind the scenes stuff.
- A Light and a Microphone to make the videos better.
I want to invite you to hang out with me in here, supporting my endeavors and helping us reach more families so they too can have a wonderful unschooling life!
Your support - at ANY LEVEL - is helping those parents who desperately need a kind place to land, where they can get questions answered and learn more about how to unschool. It means so much to me - and to those moms who don't have $1 to spare.
Thank you for helping to keep all the Unschooling Mom2Mom doors open!
Your Thank You Gifts:
The Monthly Strewing Calendar
In the News - A Weekly Newsletter
Patron Only Feed
Thank you so much for doing this! Here's a little more about each of those:
- The Monthly Strewing Calendar A printable calendar with daily celebrations to keep your creativity and curiosity going! Hang it on your fridge - the kids especially love all the days celebrating foods! Additionally, the PDF will include a link to something online to help you dive into the topic if it happens to be new to you. Enjoy!!
- In the News - A Weekly Newsletter Sometimes social media can really overload a person! I'm sending out some of the best articles that have surfaced each week, as well as any resources you might be interested in.
- Patron Only Feed I will post here for my patrons only! Glimpses into what's going on, blogposts that you'd enjoy, inspiring memes, etc.
Your donation helps to keep Unschooling Mom2Mom free for so many people who cannot donate. Thank you for joining me in giving back to the community! It means more to me than you'll ever know! xo
Monthly Unschooling Guides
2 Free PDFs
I appreciate connecting with you at this level so much! In addition to feeling great about helping the community, here's a little more about the benefits of becoming an Unschooling Supporter!
In addition to my undying gratitude and everything from the previous tier, your thank you gifts include:
- The Monthly Unschooling Guide!
As patrons, you get this guide FULL of resources, links, articles and inspiration. And, every month, you only pay half of what people pay if they purchase these individually at the website.
- 2 Free PDFs:
Not Back To School (Handouts and bonus info)
Even more gifts!
Monthly Unschooling Workshops!
Choosing this level means so much to me. It sends me the message that you really want me to continue creating unschooling resources!
Booster level also receives everything from the prior tiers, but also:
- SOMETHING SPECIAL - UNSCHOOLING WORKSHOPS
I'm inviting you to my private membership group's MONTHLY unschooling workshop. It's like being at a conference - but only $10! No travel! I wanted to find a way to thank you for sticking with this - you supporting me, me supporting you! The workshops are hosted on Zoom, so you'll receive a notification of the details and how to participate by email and that post will stay here at Patreon as well!
September Topic: "What is your 'Why?'" - as in, WHY are you choosing to unschool when most of the world is going in a different direction?
- Videos about Unschooling
I'm going to share the videos I've done (or I'm doing) here first. Sometimes I do these for FB groups who have asked me to be a guest speaker - but then MY peeps never see them! Not anymore! Now my Unschooling Boosters will!
They may eventually get cleaned up for YouTube... but for now, you're getting the unlisted URL.
- Homeschooled Teens: 75 Young People Speak About Life without School (digital version)
- Unschooling Your Teen Ebook
- Digital Collection of Unschooling Gratitude Graphics
More digital collections are being created, and I'll share them with my Unschooling Boosters as they become available!
Weekly Group Coaching Call
Access to Private FB Group
Thank you SOOO much for choosing to stand beside me, helping me create more unschooling resources every day. Knowing I have this kind of support from you makes get me through the days when the questions are coming in 90 mph at the free FB groups, the hate mail is piling up, and I'm really questioning how I'm spending my "retired years!"
The Unschooling Champions (this tier) really reassure me that there are more people out their cheering me on than I realize sometimes. The Unschooling Champions also know that it takes time to make these resources come to be - and to maintain them year after year. We know that our unschooling community should not have to start from scratch figuring everything out ever decade or so.
So I have so much heartfelt gratitude for you choosing this tier! And as tokens of my appreciation...
You get everything from the prior tiers PLUS:
• A Weekly Group Coaching Call via Zoom (1 hour!) Bring your questions, get answers from me and suggestions from other parents on this same path. It's a WONDERFUL call each week!
Calls are Wednesdays, 12N Central Time (USA)
• Access to the Private Coaching Group on FB: Creating Confidence.
Send me a Friend Request or a PM and I'll add you to the group! https://www.facebook.com/SusanneWPatterson
By supporting me here on Patreon, you're allowing me to have more time to figure out the best way to help others learn about how unschooling can work for them. I want people to always have access to really good free resources - and your patreon support helps keep the doors open!