Angry Pixie Design

is creating Cosplay Tutorial Videos, Photoshoots, and Nerdy Content

2

patrons

$3

per month
Who I am:

Hi there. My name's Marie and I have been making costumes and props for almost 10 years. I genuinely enjoy sharing tips and tricks with people in the community so I often make video tutorials on my YouTube channel. Sharing my builds and discoveries, and often, my failures, can be the most rewarding part of my art. I developed a passion for costuming, sculpting, woodworking, material sciences, and special effects makeup over the years, and my thirst for knowledge has proved unquenchable. I'm unhappy if I'm not fulfilling my creative sphere in some way. I often pause to speculate how people spend their time and money outside of making cosplay or some sort of project. It has been my life for a while and I don't think I'll ever be able to shake my need to slap crap together and call it art.

Why I Need Your Help:

Making my YouTube videos is actually really fun for me, but lot of people dread editing and don't share their builds or projects because it is so time consuming. Sharing the things I've learned and getting feedback from people gives me a sense of connection with the community of people who share my passions, but shooting and editing the tutorial videos is an intensely tedious process. I make very little money from ad revenue; pennies per video, but I do it because I truly love it. Having a Patreon helps stimulate my projects and the quantity and quality of my videos. Having a platform for backer support gives people an opportunity to support their artists through a monthly tip and it gives artists the financial stability to keep making art.

As a student who goes to school and works part time, the extra funds would really help stabilize and de-stress my work. I'm not asking for free money. I'm asking people who love the work artists do, to see the value in it by setting the value themselves through the system Patreon has given us. Art is often a gift, but it is not priceless. 

I hope the mad science experiments and crafty projects found on my channel will give you inspiration for your own cosplay filled future. If you find my work, helpful, educational, or entertaining, please consider donating as little as a dollar. The extra funds really help me pursue the work which I use to give back to the community and to you, patron!

What you can find on my channel:

I've been making fun cosplay videos since about 2007. I strive for high production value and try to set the bar higher each video with condensed and easily digestible educational content. The videos are 80% related tutorials for Cosplayers, LARPers, and Makers alike. The other 20% may occasionally be something nerdy and goofy, or diet, or culture, or community related that isn't a tutorial and that's why I set my Patreon as a monthly pledge system, because I didn't want my patrons to worry that I would upload 15 junk videos at once and drain their wallets (especially if I post a goofy video that's not a tutorial).

So if you feel that the content is valuable, then you have the power to place whatever value you like on it. I am immensely grateful for the support of all my fellow artists and art lovers.

Share knowledge, spread love. 

~Marie
Tiers
The Ron Weasley Pledge!
$2 or more per month
The Ron Weasley Pledge!

"He may not have much to give, but it comes from the heart".

You have my deepest thanks!
The Hero of Hyrule Pledge!
$5 or more per month
The Hero of Hyrule Pledge!

"It's dangerous to go alone! Take these five dollars!"


 You have my deepest thanks!

The Leprechaun Pledge!
$20 or more per month
The Leprechaun Pledge!

What are you, sitting on a pile of gold?!?

With an incredibly generous donation of $20 towards my tutorial videos you get:

Credit as a big money Patron in my social media content.
The Colossus Pledge!
$100 or more per month
The Colossus Pledge! This pledge has you looking like a Final BOSS!

For a patronage of $100 you get official Producer status, credited as a Patron in my social media.
Goals
$3 of $50 per month
At this milestone I will be able to pay off my recording equipment and material costs for my video projects, and I'll start work on a special tutorial video that my patrons decide on!
1 of 3
Who I am:

Hi there. My name's Marie and I have been making costumes and props for almost 10 years. I genuinely enjoy sharing tips and tricks with people in the community so I often make video tutorials on my YouTube channel. Sharing my builds and discoveries, and often, my failures, can be the most rewarding part of my art. I developed a passion for costuming, sculpting, woodworking, material sciences, and special effects makeup over the years, and my thirst for knowledge has proved unquenchable. I'm unhappy if I'm not fulfilling my creative sphere in some way. I often pause to speculate how people spend their time and money outside of making cosplay or some sort of project. It has been my life for a while and I don't think I'll ever be able to shake my need to slap crap together and call it art.

Why I Need Your Help:

Making my YouTube videos is actually really fun for me, but lot of people dread editing and don't share their builds or projects because it is so time consuming. Sharing the things I've learned and getting feedback from people gives me a sense of connection with the community of people who share my passions, but shooting and editing the tutorial videos is an intensely tedious process. I make very little money from ad revenue; pennies per video, but I do it because I truly love it. Having a Patreon helps stimulate my projects and the quantity and quality of my videos. Having a platform for backer support gives people an opportunity to support their artists through a monthly tip and it gives artists the financial stability to keep making art.

As a student who goes to school and works part time, the extra funds would really help stabilize and de-stress my work. I'm not asking for free money. I'm asking people who love the work artists do, to see the value in it by setting the value themselves through the system Patreon has given us. Art is often a gift, but it is not priceless. 

I hope the mad science experiments and crafty projects found on my channel will give you inspiration for your own cosplay filled future. If you find my work, helpful, educational, or entertaining, please consider donating as little as a dollar. The extra funds really help me pursue the work which I use to give back to the community and to you, patron!

What you can find on my channel:

I've been making fun cosplay videos since about 2007. I strive for high production value and try to set the bar higher each video with condensed and easily digestible educational content. The videos are 80% related tutorials for Cosplayers, LARPers, and Makers alike. The other 20% may occasionally be something nerdy and goofy, or diet, or culture, or community related that isn't a tutorial and that's why I set my Patreon as a monthly pledge system, because I didn't want my patrons to worry that I would upload 15 junk videos at once and drain their wallets (especially if I post a goofy video that's not a tutorial).

So if you feel that the content is valuable, then you have the power to place whatever value you like on it. I am immensely grateful for the support of all my fellow artists and art lovers.

Share knowledge, spread love. 

~Marie

Recent posts by Angry Pixie Design

Tiers
The Ron Weasley Pledge!
$2 or more per month
The Ron Weasley Pledge!

"He may not have much to give, but it comes from the heart".

You have my deepest thanks!
The Hero of Hyrule Pledge!
$5 or more per month
The Hero of Hyrule Pledge!

"It's dangerous to go alone! Take these five dollars!"


 You have my deepest thanks!

The Leprechaun Pledge!
$20 or more per month
The Leprechaun Pledge!

What are you, sitting on a pile of gold?!?

With an incredibly generous donation of $20 towards my tutorial videos you get:

Credit as a big money Patron in my social media content.
The Colossus Pledge!
$100 or more per month
The Colossus Pledge! This pledge has you looking like a Final BOSS!

For a patronage of $100 you get official Producer status, credited as a Patron in my social media.