Ashanti Fortsonis creating comics and illustrations
Select a membership level
- Sneak peeks of what I’m working on! All sorts of WIPs, thumbnails, sketches, etc, as well as early access to new illustrations and webcomic pages.
- Concept art PDFs for projects, including any worldbuilding or design notes I have on the topic.
- PDFs of any zines and short comics that I make!
- Process posts of my comics and illustrations! (Time-lapse process videos, in-progress photos/screenshots accompanied by step-by-step text explanations, and posts about one specific element of my process.)
- Everything in the $1 tier!
- A package every three months! This package will contain three postcard-sized prints. Packages will be sent out in January, April, July, and October.
- Everything in the $1 and $2 tiers!
NOTE: This tier is for US shipping. If you live outside the US, please select the "Goodie Bag (INTL)" tier.
Hi! My name is Ashanti, and I’m a cartoonist and illustrator with a love for the fantastical. My work is about kindness, empathy, and optimism, most often in sci-fi or fantasy settings. You can find much of it here! I make the space fantasy webcomic Galanthus, about a girl named Farah navigating a troubled galaxy, her relationships with her ragtag shipmates, the consequences of tinkering with powerful artifacts, and her feelings. Though it’s currently on hiatus, you’ll be able to follow along here as I make it. Which leads me to…
SUPPORTING ME ON PATREON
Full-time freelance is hard! Being alive is expensive! Working as a disabled cartoonist is rough! If you enjoy my work and want to see more of it, supporting me on here is immensely helpful. The more support I receive through this patreon, the less work I have to take on to stay afloat – and the more self-driven or patreon-exclusive work I can make instead. A dollar or two goes a long way, and here are some things that support could help me pay for:
- Studio rent
- Art supplies – paper, program subscriptions, etc.
- Printing/merchandise costs – comics, postcards, special goodies for you
- Convention costs and travel
- Living expenses
WHAT I’M WORKING ON
Right now, my main project is my webcomic, Galanthus. As I said, it's on hiatus, but I’ll still be posting sneak peeks for it – concept art, thumbnails, pencils, and early comic pages later in 2019. Other content may include snippets or WIPs of short comics done for publications or anthologies, as well as personal comics, zines, and illustrations.
I’m also developing a Patreon-exclusive webcomic! The story follows a lonely woman who crosses into the fairy realm to save her kidnapped sister – only to become romantically entangled with the resplendent, terrifying, and equally lonely Fairy Queen. Kaleidoscopic architecture, fights between sisters, and an inescapable longing to be loved. I’ll be sharing concept art and other developmental materials at first, then pencils. When the pencils are done, I’ll start serializing the finished pages here until the comic is completed. Every patron will have full access to this project!
WHAT DO YOU GET?
In the past, I’ve mostly used this Patreon page to show in-progress illustrations and comics at different stages of the process. I’ll definitely still be doing that, but I also want to offer other rewards that I’ll reliably be able to manage. More support may unlock more rewards later on, but here’s what you’ll get right now (depending on the tier you choose):
- Sneak peeks of what I’m working on! This could be WIPs such as thumbnails and sketches/pencils, or it could be early access to a new illustration or webcomic page. This is what I post most often.
- Concept art PDFs for projects!
- PDFs of any zines and short comics that I make!
- Process posts of my comics and illustrations! This includes time-lapse process videos, in-progress photos/screenshots accompanied by step-by-step text explanations, and posts about one specific element of my process. (Scripting, thumbnailing, colors, etc.)
The main new thing I'm doing is a few goodie bag tiers: two with US shipping and two with international shipping. With each goodie bag tier, I will send you a package every three months! This package will contain three postcard-sized prints for the Goodie Bag tiers. For the Goodie Bag Plus tiers, each package will also contain any of the following: themed sticker packs, bookmarks, and physical copies of comics and zines. The kind of non-postcard goodies you get will vary from month to month. All patrons in these tiers get access to everything else, too!
Packages will be sent out in January, April, July, and October. If you select this tier during the month before one of the package months (e.g. if you start supporting me in December), I will send out your package during the next package month (e.g. April) with an extra postcard.
Please make sure you choose the tier with the appropriate shipping destination (US / INTL).
Yes! If this Patreon gets enough support, I’ll be adding new rewards for the existing tiers. Here’s what I’ve got my eye on right now:
- Monthly phone wallpapers!
- Blog-style posts where I discuss a specific element of art-making or storytelling, plus tips and tricks!
- New goodies for the “Goodie bag +" tiers! (Possibilities include patches, washi tape, enamel pins, and more)
Your support helps me continue to do what I love for a living, and I can’t express how much that means to me. Thank you. <3