Foot-to-Faceis creating art...and a podcast
- Access to blog posts about what I've been up to in the studio, my new/long-time favourite things and inspirations, sneak peeks, and the creative processes behind what I'm working on.
- Access to exclusive blog posts
- Send me a message with a song request or recommendation (as often as once a month) and I'll include it on the Cake For Breakfast Radio podcast. Feel free to include a dedication and I'll shout it out.
- Blog access, song requests, plus:
- Zine subscription - You get a hard-copy zine in the mail each month for up to 8 months, plus any zine I make or re-publish in the future after that!
I'm currently working with collage, stop-motion animation, zines, painting, and drawing. I approach my art practice as a way of documenting processes of transformation and am interested in its power to expose and heal our fears around change, the unknown, and our capacity for intimacy.
Besides visual art, I'm also a DJ. I've played at some private parties and gigs here and there, and I've recently started a podcast in the style of a radio show called Cake for Breakfast,.
I'm one of those many artists with a day-job that allows me to juuust (barely) get by living in Toronto. Support from my Patrons allows me to:
- rent a studio space
- purchase supplies and equipment
- have the chance to take workshops
- cover submission fees
- devote time to applying for grants and calls for submissions
- afford laptop repairs or upgrades (cross my heart, knock on wood, pray to Jesus fucking Christ)
- and, obviously, make all the art happen
"Artists need to create on the same scale that society has the capacity to destroy." are the words from a light installation by Lauren Bon (2005), and these words drive me to prioritise my responsibilities as a creator and story-teller. Your support helps me to fulfill this mission by GETTING MORE ART OUT THERE and making good work, and for this I am deeply grateful.
For one time donations, if you like, you can select a pledge and then select 'no reward'. You can cancel after the first payment --or anytime. Regardless of what you choose to pledge, I sincerely appreciate you all just the same. Thank you so much. X
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -