INDIEVISIBLEis creating the nextgen gamedev community
Select a membership level
Atta leaf cutter
You are a hyper juicy ant!
You will recieve:
- A big thank you!
- A patron badge will be shown on your profile!
- Your name on the hall of contributors.
- Your game will be featured for 30 days straight.
Who we are?We are a global initiative aiming to create the next generation community for independent game developers.
What it is?INDIEVISIBLE is an online indie game developer community with open source code, managed by the whole community by using voting and ranking system. The objective is to centralize, aggregate other gamedev communities while offering a set of tools and features that can add some value to the game dev community.
You can check it out right now at https://www.indievisible.net
But there are already other communitiesYes, there is already great communities like GameJolt, Itch.io and Gamedev.net. They are great and the intent of this project is not to replace them.
While these other communities are great for games, they are "not so great" for the developers themselves. Of course, they have very useful functionalities like jam management, game sales, managing versions and devlogs, but they lack more tools to improve the developers themselves, interaction between them.
The purpuse of this community is to improve the collaboration bewteen the independent game developers while providing links to other communities, centralizing them in a single place, while providing innovative tools like gamedev-oriented project management system and consolidating already consagrated tools like app icon generator and social sharing.
One of our strenghts will be the voting system. The community members will be able to vote on the next feature to be implemented and discuss the feature and suggest improvements. The voting system will be present on the user-generated content as well. Users will be able to post polls and have other users vote on their own questions like "Wich menu is better?" or "Should I hire a PR?", the users decide what they want to ask to the community. This is a common interaction on social networks and we will bring it here and improve it.
Another innovation of this project is to give more voice to visual artists and music/sound creators. Everyone will have their place here.
The NameThe name IndieVisible is just a initial SUGGESTION and is possible to change during the brainstorm and development process.
The concept behind the name is that indie game developers should count on each other, help each other and keep working together.
- Nothing can divide us by zero;
- We are singleton;
- Together we are stronger typed.
The INDIEVISIBLE logo represent the whole gamedev community gathering together to empower itself. Just to be more clear, let's add a world globe below it:
The colored items represent:
- The 4 corners of the world;
- A joypad;
- Arrows pointing to center;
- Arrows around the world pointing to the same spot;
Who can contributeAnyone can contribute. If you are a new or experienced game developer, you can contribute to this initiative. You can either help us by becoming one of our patrons and receive some bonus to show your pride on the comunity itself or you can contribute working with us. We need:
- Developers: Coding, refactoring, modeling;
- Webdesigners: prototyping pages, creating concepts, creating email templates;
- Visual Artists: Creating placeholders, standard images, icons, etc;
- Game designers: The gamefication of the system;
- Translators: Help keep the translations up to date as the system grows (Check the translation progress);
- Idea guys: Yes, we need lots of ideas, innovative and humorous
How to contributeYou can visit our Project Page on Azure DevOps to read more and follow the progress and if you decide to join us, send an email to Daniel Gomes, the founder of the project. The code is opensource, meaning everyone can read and help improve or copy to themselves and maybe launch a better one.
- The system is hosted on Windows Azure
- Domain Driven Design stabilishes the rules for basic architecture.
- ASP.NET Core 2.1 is the underlying framework.
- The database used is SQL Azure and accessed using Entity Framework Core.
$0 of $300 per month
1 of 2
When we reach $ 300 per month, we will be able to pay server costs.
Recent posts by INDIEVISIBLE
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method