IrishGirlReadsis creating Spoken Word
Do not journey alone. Safety in numbers, wayfarer, and a stout stick.
This little piece of kindness buys me a cup of tea while I work, and it is precious. Thank you. Your support means a lot <3
* You gain the Glow of Solidarity. You look beautiful.
* Take a shard of Wyrd Stone, friend, and guard it close. Its light will guide you when other magicks fail.
* When I publicly release only a snippet of a larger piece, you get the whole thing.
The Briarhame's hearth light is a welcome sight. Come in and rest for a time, you are safe here, so long as you remember your manners. The Howling cannot cross the threshold.
* When there are any recordings that don't make the final cut, you get to hear them anyway. Especially the embarrassing ones with the silly voices.
* plus The Wyrd Light Reveals All tier
Life is stressful, and the older I get the more I hanker after a gentle divorce from the hard reality of the day. Armed with my trusty mic, my little, falling-apart 'Poems Old and New', and the occasional companionship of my muse, I aim to follow that winding, lullaby path and see where it leads.
I read classic poems, my own poems, old folklore, other people's stories* - anything which might ease the mind into fantasyland. Most readings are short; we don't want to stay awake too long, do we?
I hope you enjoy what you do hear. I have been looking at #folkloreThursday on Twitter for some interesting inspiration of late, and there are some beautiful books, but I am finding longform makes me a bit hoarse. That might improve over time, though. Is there something you'd like me to read? Do let me know.
* I care about copyright. I will not be using anyone's in-copyright work without permission.