Juan Maria Solareis creating music (piano, tango, neoclassical, experimental)
Select a membership level
yes, I support Juan Maria
- 1) You will receive any new album I record before the release day
- 2) Exclusive access to some of my unreleased music
- 3) Early access to everything I do (musically speaking!)
- 4) I will follow you on Facebook and Twitter
- x) This list will grow as I get more "reward" ideas (you are welcome to suggest more)
Who's this guy?
Welcome to my Patreon page! My name is Juan María Solare and I am a pianist and music composer, specializing in both tango argentino and experimental contemporary music.
I have been involved in music 40 for years now. I've given concerts in Argentina, London, Texas, Amsterdam, Germany, Spain... and got eleven composition prizes from diferent countries.
In my music you will (possibly) find the infuences of spirits as disparate as Stockhausen or Piazzolla, John Cage or Queen.
Since I am a pianist, I compose a lot for piano, but also for voices, chamber music groups, orchestra, electronic music...
Now let's speak the truth.I am starting this Patreon page now, what means that I have, obviously, zero supporters. This might stay so for weeks, according to experience values.
So my goal is that you first discover my music, and then -at due time- you might get the feeling that "this guy deserves a tip" and decide to become my sponsor.
Discovering Juan María's music: head for Spotify and YouTube or SoundCloud.
Why, why, why?
Another thing you have to know is that I will go on creating music anyway, whether I get income from Patreon or not. Lack of support won't stop me. But with your support, I could concentrate much more in the artistic activities, not in paying my bills (which I can afford anyway).
So why supporting my music?
One reason is that you are not supporting ME, you are supporting those tousands of listeners out there that love my music. Putting 1$ in that tip jar facilitates that my music arrives to more people, making their lives better, easier, or more enjoyable.
Now let's ring "the mission bell". I strongly believe that my goal as an artist is to transmit energy. Read about that in this interview.
By supporting me you are actually supporting that cause. It's not giving a buck to a poor artist. It's contributing to something much bigger than one person.
What I am going to do with your money?
- I will record and release music: singles, EPs, CDs. Do I need to make a list of costs of a music album? I will if you ask me for. The recordings will be offered for free streaming (Spotify, Deezer, SoundCloud or BandCamp). My list of "wished albums" has currently 20 items and counting. 20 albums that expect seeing the light of day... soon.
- I will make music videos with that music (Youtube, Vimeo)
If I don't support you financially, would you NOT do that music?
- I will make music anyway, I will record it and release it anyway, anyhow.
So why should I support you at all?
- By doing so, you "join the cause" so to say. It's like supporting Greenpeace or any charity: they will do their thing anyway - but you won't be on board.
Are you giving exclusive content to Patrons?
- I don't actually believe in putting any exclusive song behind a paywall. When I do that, I call it "selling", which is of course decent, but I don't call it "patronage".
Again, to make this point clear: by supporting my music you are not supporting the person who makes it (Yours Truly), but the persons who enjoy it (over 50.000 monthly listeners on Spotify, to begin with).
You are not feeding a starving artist, you are investing in the Universe (I better stop here before exagerating too much).
Let's talk numbers
I'm asking for $1 a month (this is about 3 cents a day). If you'd like to give more than that, I won't stop you, word of honour. I request that you stay at least one year, if you are able.
I would love to think of this as philantropy, not as a system of rewards, but I have to (because this is how Patreon works - and most of the world). So I am offering you in exchange for your dollar:
1) You will receive any new album I record before the release day
2) Exclusive access to some of my unreleased music
3) Early access to everything I do (musically speaking!)
4) I will follow you on Facebook and Twitter, Instagram and Spotify
x) This list will grow as I get more "reward" ideas (you are welcome to suggest more)
$2 Sheet music of the pieces involved (PDF)
$3 FREE access to my concerts whenever I perform in your area (contact me in advance)
$10 A handwritten thank you card (on the first month of your pledge)
$20 Signed Physical CD "Tango Monologues"
$30 Your name will be included in the scrolling "Thank You" credits at the end of my music videos. A clickable link to your website will be included in the video's description.
1 of 111 patrons
1 of 1
When I reach 111 patrons, I’ll make a special music video with sounds (samples) that they will send me, naming all of them (if they want) and with link to their webpages.
Recent posts by Juan Maria Solare
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method