Blair Sheddis creating webcomics, print comics, tutorials!
Select a membership level
• You'll get access to all No Rest For The Wicked Strips, access to the Patreon-exclusive, once-a-month, NRFTW strips, and behind the scenes peeks at upcoming strips, backstories of the strips, and possible peeks at upcoming comic work and other illustration work (if I can legally share). All for $1 per strip! That ain't bad. Most of you spend more on coffee every day - sheesh!
• All the rewards of the $1 tier.
• All supporters in this tier will receive a customized to them coupon code for 5% off of anything in my Esty Store (https://www.etsy.com/shop/oneGeminiStudios), and 5% off of commissions when my schedule is open and available (excludes special sales).
• All the rewards of the $1 tier.
• All supporters in this tier will receive a customized to them coupon code for 10% off of anything in my Esty Store (https://www.etsy.com/shop/oneGeminiStudios), and 10% off of commissions when my schedule is open and available (excludes special sales).
• Every month I'll thank you, by name, in a video posted on my Instagram Stories feed and/or special YouTube video (TBD). (Please let me know if you do not want to be thanked in this way or have a certain way you'd like me to say your name - be it nickname, username, etc.)
$5per new No Rest For The Wicked strip
“Well, Blair,” says theoretical you, “that sounds like a bunch of awesome stuff all in an awesome bag. What I life you live! You must be rolling in it.” Hah… well… if it is “nothing whatsoever,” why yes…
…Y’see, I’m freelance, which means, when I have a job, I get paid, and when I don't have a job, I don't (or if it’s a self-published project - I put into it as much work, if not more, than a paid project - and I may never see a dime). So, like the story of the shark, I gotta keep moving or die (I know this isn't true of all sharks, but let me have this, okay?). But often I get asked things I'd like to help people with, from fans asking about how or why I drew a certain page or piece, aspiring artists asking about techniques or how to put together a portfolio, to people requesting video demonstrations. But these things stop me from working on jobs.
I recently began a semi-weekly comic over on my Instagram feed called “No Rest For The Wicked.” While started as a one-off joke about John Wick, it immediately after became a stream-of-consciousness, mostly autobiographical comic;
*Note: actual comics not censored.
The wicked is me, I guess. I rest when I can, but not when I have to either be working or looking for the next job - which is all the time. But people have responded quite positively to NRFTW, so I’m eager to continue it - but there’s only so many hours in the day.
So please help me while I entertain you; for your monthly pledges, you’ll get behind the scenes looks at - and backstories of - NRFTW strips in development, an exclusive Patreon-only strip every month, the ability to suggest and/or vote for subjects of future strips, and discounts on my commissions, prints etc. I’ll also give you behind the panel looks at any other comic and illustration work I can share (not covered by strict NDAs). Also, certain tiers will be allowed to request one free print from my archive each month, sent to your door (shipping is free in the lower 48 United States - if you’re outside of that area, please get in touch if interested).
Later down the line, I may offer tips and tricks, correspondence portfolio critiques, or maybe even live one-on-one art instruction (via Skype, etc.).
KEEP IN MIND: This is a per-project sponsorship - NOT monthly. I plan to do up to 4 regular NRFTW strips a month - if I publish one here, you get charged. Okay? So you won’t want to throw tons of money at me. I’m looking for very humble support. Now what happens if I get covered in tons of work and don’t produce a strip some week? You don’t get charged. Simple. I don’t produce - you don’t pay.
Things like behind the scenes looks and the like, while exclusive to Patreons, supporters would not be charged for. Only for the 4 regular strips. So you contribute $1 per creation - you’re charged $4 per month. You contribute $10 - you get charged $40 per month.Just want to make this clear so people don’t get stuck with too many charges - this used to be a monthly Patreon - but this feels more fair. If I don’t produce, you don’t pay.
Thanks so much to the past Patreons that stuck around, and thank you, the potential Patreon, reading this right now. I’d love to have you join the club.