Podcast Brunch Clubis creating a podcast listener community
Select a membership level
- a shoutout for you (or your podcast/business) in the newsletter during your first month of support
- ability to weigh in when we need help deciding which playlists/episodes we feature.
If you pledge $8 (or more):
- Your voice can be featured (if you want!) on one episode of the PBC podcast: we'll let you read the credits!
- Access to all the latest podcast news: we'll post all of the press releases we get about new/upcoming podcasts
+ All benefits listed above
Over the last 5 years, I have come to realize that peoples' love of podcasts is just a small piece of why people gravitate toward the idea of PBC. The thing that is much more interesting to me is that it's allowing people, often times strangers, to come together in real life and have meaningful discussion. There is a loneliness epidemic among young people. Social media has made us *think* we're interacting with the world, but we're not. I have no delusions that PBC is saving the world or anything, but because we come together in person in cities all over the world, I do feel very strongly that it's doing a tiny bit to help people truly connect.
PBC is a community of engaged podcast listeners from all over the world. At the heart of PBC is community and conversation. So, how does it work? Every month a different PBC member chooses a theme and 3-5 podcast episodes that hit that theme. These are curated into a thematic listening list and sent out via the newsletter. Then, people meet in smaller groups around the world to discuss what they heard: like book club, but for podcasts! We also encourage cross-chapter conversations through our Facebook Group, Twitter, and by participating in the Podcast Brunch Club podcast. While members participate locally, they are all still a part of a global community: so, the PBC members in Shanghai are listening to and discussing the same content as the people in Chicago. It's been amazing to see my little passion project go worldwide!
To make this all possible, I spend countless hours outside of my full-time job working on it. I am doing all of this to create a community that helps people make authentic connections over a shared love. My biggest aspiration has come true: through the local PBC chapter meetings, people make connections with old and new friends alike while engaging in discussions about thought-provoking topics. These days it has become so easy to hide behind our earbuds and screens. So, I created PBC as a way to put our phones aside for a second to invest in creating social connections.
I don't believe in putting any of this behind a paywall, but I am hoping that we can grow PBC together. Here is what it takes for PBC to continue to reach people around the globe:
- Launching 2-4 chapters a month
- Creating and hosting the very meta Podcast Brunch Club podcast
- On-boarding 100+ new members/month
- Liaising with 70+ chapter leaders
- Managing social media, website, and newsletter (subscribe here)
- Compiling monthly listening lists with as much community input as possible
- Bring PBC to high schools, colleges, senior homes, and libraries
- Creating educational playlists for use by teachers and librarians
- Launch more chapters worldwide
If you would prefer to make a one-time donation, go to this page and click the "donate" button.
Thank you for your continued support of PBC and happy listening!!!