Quirktasticis creating a friendship app, media & events for weirdos like you
Yay, you are a part of the club! As a member of the Unicorn Club, you will receive:
• Early access and behind the scenes looks at Quirktastic videos
• A special thank you credit on Quirktastic videos
• Exclusive Q&As with members of The Quirk Team
• A special Unicorn Club patreon newsletter with discounts to The Quirk Shop, QuirkCon and other events
Our StoryQuirktastic started in January 2017 as a media company to highlight cosplayer, gamers and influencers in the fandom industry, especially members of color and from the LGBT+ community.
After growing our community to 200,000 readers, we decided that we wanted to have a larger impact on the future of the fandom industry. After hosting sold out events for our members across the United States, we found that our readers wanted more friends who liked the same geeky, nerd stuff that they were into. Many have experienced going to comic cons and anime expos alone or not having anyone to talk to about anime, comic books or e-sports.
After polling our audience and finding out that 91% felt that they needed more geeky/nerdy friends, we decided to create our friendship app.
We also engage our audience with media content and create eventsAfter growing our community through the media company, we realized that content was a great way to improve our network effects strategy, while also keeping our users engaged and feeling represented.
As a Patreon, you are helping create better content, reach more people with our app, and support our team.With your monthly pledge, Quirktastic will be able to:
- Rent out studio space to create more videos for your viewing pleasure!
- Create more local meetup events (hopefully, in a city near you!)
- Run ad campaigns to increase usership on our app