Terroiris creating new writing about food, wine & place
Select a membership level
- Supporters are passionate about food why it matters, and they also care about supporting high-quality, independent food journalism — and ensuring food writers get paid for everything they publish.
- As a Supporter, you receive every new story in your inbox, patron-only content, and acknowledgement in the site-wide Donor Honor Roll (anonymous listings are okay, and you can also donate in honor or memory of someone else).
- Sustainers help us find and recruit incredible new writers to enable us expand our food and wine coverage.
- As a Sustainer, you receive all of the above, plus a thank-you gift of Terroir merchandise.
- Article Sponsors not only help us recruit new writers, their generous support helps us pay one writer for a feature story.
- As an Article Sponsor, you receive all of the above, plus acknowledgement on a feature article as that article’s sponsor (anonymous sponsorship is okay).
Terroir Review is a journal about nature, culture, food, wine, and place. Launched by Meg Houston Maker in 2008, the site rapidly grew to become a respected voice in independent wine journalism, winning awards and accolades for feature writing, reviews, and commitment to journalistic and creative excellence.
Part literary journal, part food magazine, Terroir focuses on terroir-driven foods and the people who make them. Beginning in 2018, Terroir also brings online voices of other writers, photographers, and artists who share their perspective and expertise.
Terroir is strongly committed to paying writers for their writing. We’re also strongly committed remaining editorially independent, accessible, and ad-free.
That’s why reader patronage is so critical to our survival. Your support helps us find, recruit, edit, and publish new voices in wine, food, and cultural criticism.
Terroir aims to tackle food’s most important questions, to stimulate both appetite and mind.
0 of 600 patrons
1 of 3
When we reach 600 patrons, we'll be able to sustain paying one new writer per month.
Recent posts by Terroir
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method