Brobdingnagian Bardsis creating Music, videos, and bootleg concerts
Select a membership level
One for all, all for one. Get everything we release through Patreon.
- Early releases of new songs
- Monthly "A Brobdingnagian Minute" Podcast
- Monthly bootleg concert recordings
- Live streaming shows when possible
- Behind the scenes stories and footage
- New video blog or music every month
- Interact with us and your fellow Nagians
- Public thank you on social media
About Brobdingnagian Bards
WHAT YOU GET
- Become an official Nagian, a member of the Brobdingnagian Bards fan club.
- Get a free song or full-length concert recording every month.
- Receive early episodes of A Brobdingnagian Minute, our monthly podcast where we talk about new music we're working on, our inspirations behind the music, plus our general ramblings on things that move us.
- Videos from our long career, some new, some old.
- Best of all, the Brobdingnagian Bards will be an officially active band once again
WHO ARE BROBDINGNAGIAN BARDS?In 1999, Marc Gunn was playing music on the South Mall at the University of Texas at Austin. A listener approached him and asked if he wanted to perform at a Renaissance festival.
A bit terrified of performing solo, he asked college dorm friend Andrew McKee to join him. The result was magical. The Original Celtic Renaissance duo was born!
Within a few short years, the Brobdingnagian Bards attracted Celtic music fans from around the globe. They were one of the Top 20 most-downloaded bands on the original MP3 .com. They performed at a Lord of the Rings Oscar Party for the final award-winning film. Their album, Brobdingnagian Fairy Tales, was the #1 album on CD Baby when it was released.
In 2008, they parted ways. It didn't take long before they started performing together again, first at DragonCon and then at other venues like Sherwood Forest Faire.
At every show, they delight their audiences with fun, engaging music and banter that win over music fans everywhere.
WHY PATREON?For a number of years, we have threatened to release a new album. We just haven’t had time to complete one. We both have solo careers. Taking the time to record a full album for only one or two shows a year is difficult to justify.
Then the bagpipes went off in our heads. Ouch!
The music business is always changing. So why not change with it?
Lets take our time. Do it right. We'll do it through Patreon.
Patreon offers a unique model which allows us to create new music and share it in a new way. Instead of releasing a new album, which is a bit daunting with our time constraints, we release a new single every month or two.
Then we share our recording and thought process behind each song.
Since nearly the beginning, we recorded many of our live shows. We can share those live "bootleg" concerts exclusively with patrons only.
We share new and old videos of us performing.
Best of all, we give you an incredible and easy way to interact with us and your fellow Nagians (fans of Brobdingnagian Bards).
You get all of this for just $5 per month.
Sure. You can pledge any amount. But it's all the same. There are no different tier levels. It's all just five bucks.
Oh! And if you're wanting CDs, we will release those too. But you can enjoy the music before anyone else!
Patreon offers an incredible service in general. We are excited about this opportunity we have to create new music, to breathe new life into the Brobdingnagian Bards, and to continue to serve the Nagians who have followed our music so faithfully for so many years.
Thank you for your generous support!
$200 – reached! per month
1 of 1
We will release the very first Brobdingnagian Bards single. This is the first new music from us in ten years. You can help kickstart the band's new online persona.