History Unpluggedis creating podcasts
Select a membership level
- Early access to new podcast episodes
- Completely ad-free episodes in the whole back catalogue. This saves you ad interruptions that pop up in the beginning, middle and end of the show and give you the best listening experience for the 270 episodes that make up History Unplugged
- All the same stuff as Patron Pass 1
- Access to premium episodes that come out bi-weekly. This includes a multi-part series on the life of Audie Murphy, the most decorated combat soldier of World War Two. You also get a multi-part series called Ottoman Lives, (based on Terry Jones' Medieval Lives) where I spend episodes looking at the cast of characters that make up the Ottoman Empire, such as The Sultan, the Eunuch, the Concubine, and the Soldier
Limited (1 of 32 remaining)
- All the same stuff as Patron Pass 1 and 2.
- Shout out to you and/or your business at the end of each episode
- Choose a historical topic and I'll base an hour-long episode on it
- Three-pack of hardcover history books (The Last Fighter Pilot: The True Story of the Final Combat Mission of World War II; Race to the Top of the World: Richard Byrd and the First Flight to the North Pole; and Forging a President: How the Wild West Created Teddy Roosevelt)
About History Unplugged
Are You Ready to Become one of Knowlton's Rangers? Read Below
Welcome to the Patreon page for History Unplugged — the bare-knuckle history podcast that mixes the research depth of a Ron Chernow biography with the intensity of an MMA fight.
Scott Rank started this show in May 2017. Twice a week he produces an episode in which he interviews a book author or answers audience questions about history. These questions range from the serious (how did Alexander the Great provision his army deep into Asia) to the silly (who had the worst gas in history?). Scott answers both with the same level of research depth.
There are already 280 episodes produced and 5 million downloads. Scott makes it his mission to explore neglected or forgotten corners of history that changed the world, no matter how strange or controversial. He has looked at the U.S. Army’s failed experiment to use camels as pack animals in the 1840s southwest, failed presidential assassination attempts, and first-hand accounts of the Invasion of Normandy.
But now he wants to dig deeper and create something special for those select super-fans who want more History Unplugged content.
I want you to become one of the Knowlton's Rangers. The Knowlton's Rangers was an elite reconnaissance and espionage detachment of the Continental Army of America established by George Washington During the Revolutionary War, but they are also the members of the History Unplugged Membership Program.
With your support you will get exclusive content from History Unplugged.
- Scouts of the Knowlton's Rangers get early access to new podcast episodes and can listen with absolutely no advertising interruptions—you know, those intrusive ads that pop up in the beginning, middle and end of the show. The ad-free experience is the best way to experience the 270+ episodes that make up History Unplugged catalogue.
- Intelligence officers of the Knowlton's Rangers get special members-only episodes. These include a multi-part series on the life of Audie Murphy, the most decorated soldier in World War Two. You will also get a series called Ottoman Lives, (based on Terry Jones' Medieval Lives), where I look at the cast of characters that make up the Ottoman Empire, such as The Sultan, the Eunuch, the Concubine, and the Soldier.
- Spymasters of the Knowlton's Rangers of the Knowlton's Rangers get a personal shout-out at the end of each episode. This will be a guaranteed ego boost and a great way to get your website mentioned. You can also choose a history topic for me to cover and I'll base an hour-long episode on it, Finally, you get three hardcover gift books as a bonus. They include The Last Fighter Pilot: The True Story of the Final Combat Mission of World War II; Race to the Top of the World: Richard Byrd and the First Flight to the North Pole; and Forging a President: How the Wild West Created Teddy Roosevelt.*
Become a Knowlton's Ranger today and earn these awesome bonuses.
History Unplugged host Scott Rank is a PhD in history who specialized in the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey. Before going down the academic route he worked as a journalist in Istanbul and reported on human rights issues.
He has written 12 history books on topics ranging from lost Bronze Age civilizations to the
Crusades to historical figures who overcame personal adversity. Some of his books include History’s Most Insane Rulers: Lunatics, Eccentrics and Megalomaniacs from Emperor Nero to Kim Jong-Il and Lost Civilizations: 10 Societies That Vanished Without a Trace .
*Hardcover books are only available to members located in the United States. Foreign supporters can get these books in ebook format.
Become a patron to
Unlock 609 exclusive posts
Connect via private message
Recent posts by History Unplugged
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method