Debbie (a.k.a. Weefz)is creating Pokémon Go Tutorials (and other video game streams)
Every pledge is greatly appreciated. For $2 a month you get:
* Early access to all non-Beginners' Guide videos.
* The lovely feeling that you've helped support something you enjoy.
For $5 a month you get:
* Weekly insider-only posts on Patreon. This could be a blog/vlog on what I've been up to lately, a poll discussion or whatever fun thing I felt like writing that week.
* All previous tier stuff
Every month I will post a beautiful photo of some pokémon artwork that I, personally, have created for this tier. Exclusively viewable by you guys!
Perhaps a drawing. A painting. A needle felt creation. Embroidery. Who knows?
It will probably not be good but it might be funny.
* Also, all previous tier rewards.
About Debbie (a.k.a. Weefz)
I go by Debbie in real life and Weefz online. I live in the UK and make Pokémon Go tutorial videos. I also stream PC and console games on Twitch.
What do you do?
My main YouTube channel is called PokéWeefz. I launched in March 2018 with the aim of helping a few of my friends learn more about the game and it's been an amazing journey so far. I make two YouTube videos a week on average; usually a weekly news round-up and either a tutorial or a Special Research vlog. The channel has grown organically to over 2500 subscribers. I love that I've helped so many people get into Pokémon Go and I want to do more.
I also do around 3 Twitch streams a week. Supporting me on Twitch gets you some cute Twitch emotes and we have a Discord community there but if you prefer Patreon, here we are! I sometimes edit Twitch streams down to shorter videos on my second YouTube channel.
What is Patreon?
Patreon is a platform that allows you to support creators that you like. If lots of people pledge small amounts of money to support something, that adds up to a decent amount that creators can use to make more of the content that you love! Or, y'know, continue to have a roof over their heads/eat regularly/pay bills. These are all important things that lead to the most important of all. MORE CONTENT!
So what are you gonna do?
Make more and better videos. 2018 was all about learning how to do this. In 2019 I want to do better and I'll need your help.
1) One of the best things about Pokémon Go is going outside and discovering new places or seeing things in a new light. Having a small travel budget would make for much more interesting videos than just me sitting in front of my computer week after week.
2) Better artwork and music. I do all my own graphics and yeah, my talents clearly lie elsewhere.
3) More in-depth guides. I'll be updating the Beginners' Guide series for 2019 as the game has changed a lot over the past 9 months. With some support, I'll be able to do more detailed guides as well - perhaps better analysis of raid bosses and PvP or more frequent news videos.
3) On the non-Pokémon Go side, I'll be able to invest more time into editing Let's Play-style videos from streams and maybe even non-stream play-throughs.
What do Patrons get?
Early access to all non-news videos. For PokéWeefz, this currently means Beginners' Guides and the occasional special research vlog. On the second channel, all videos will be available early to patrons. I'll publish these exclusively for Patreon for a few days and then release them to the rest of YouTube.
Later, I may even start doing regular weekly vlogs. Perhaps the occasional behind-the-scenes or blooper videos if people want that sort of thing.
- A short title sequence.
- Better ending music that doesn't get hit by Content ID every week.
- Maybe even design a style of thumbnail that actually looks nice!